Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Work While the Sun Shines

Been very busy in the gardens this week. I was still cleaning last year's growth out. I finally finished my grass covered hill tonight and can actually see the plants that are supposed to be there. This is always my least favorite weeding task. With our sandy soil my other gardens are a breeze to weed but the grass and the hill make this one tough. I'm ready for some planting and it looks like a second round of easier weeding in the other gardens. There's more rain in the forecast for a couple of days so I may have a break.
I encountered my first backyard frog tonight when moving some containers around on the potting bench. They always surprise me but usually it's when I use the grill.
Cherry blossoms turned pink

Crabapple

dwarf Iris "What Again"

variegated Solomon's Seal

"Blue Moon" Wisteria bud

After 2 evenings of labor
I did snap some pictures before it got too dark. Everyday it seems there's something new to discover. I was excited to see there's buds on the "Blue Moon" wisteria I bought last year. I've had an "Aunt Dee" for many years now with no blooms. I got the new one because it had flowers on it when I bought it so I knew it could bloom. Small now but I know it will shoot up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment