Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Let the Planting Begin!

I started my planting of containers last night. I always enjoy getting those empty containers filled up again for another season of beauty. The past few years I've settled in to planting of certain plants in certain containers. It does vary some depending on what I find in the garden centers.
When I started planting last night I found some annuals didn't make it because of the cold wet weather we've had. I had something in some of the pots I've never had before-mold. It's been so cold and rainy here this month and the pots were fairly crowded without a lot of sun. Each year it seems I lose a few plants to the cold or drying out or this year too much water.
All the gardens are filling out with the perennials going strong with the warmer weather and plenty of moisture. I still have more planting of annuals and a couple of perennials. I purchased my tomato and pepper plants this week and want to plant the vegetable garden before the weekend. I will be busy the next few nights after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment