Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August So Soon?

Can it possibly be August already? I feel as if I haven't finished my spring garden work yet. Because of the late spring start of the growing season I feel it's been a short hot summer. I felt like we were living in the tropics the past few weeks with humidity fogging the windows. In a few short weeks it will be back to school already. Hoping there will be some time to enjoy the backyard this month while I'm not working.
a bouquet in the garden of Stargazers, Daylily 'Lullaby Baby' and pink phlox

One look of Rudbeckia 'Cherokee Sunset'

Another "Cherokee Sunset'

another style of 'Cherokee Sunset'

and another

Liatris 'Kobold'

last shot of 'Cherokee Sunset'- all these different flowers came from two individual plants I purchased  before Ricecreek Gardens went out of business a few years ago

original Phlox 'Laura'

lighter sport of 'Laura'

hibiscus on deck- winters in a south window inside

Daylily 'El Desperado'

Daylily 'Sparkling Raiment'

Hydrangea 'Little Lamb'

Red hardy hibicus 'Cristi'

Phlox 'Natural Feelings'

Hibiscus 'Cristi'

Changing color of Hydrangea 'Quickfire'
Even with the lack of quality care things continue to bloom with more changes to come.

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog. It's wonderful! I'd like permission to use your picture of daylily SPARKLING RAIMENT in a project I'm working on to provide images for the Brother Charles Reckamp daylilies in the AHS online database. I'll need to get a permission form to you. You can contact me at michael.bouman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete