Total Pageviews

Friday, August 2, 2013

Containers of Color

    I love the ease of all my perennials that come every summer and put on their show but I also like the variety of colorful annuals, especially in containers. Every year there seems to be new and improved color combinations to choose from. Calibrachoa and petunias of varying colors are still some of my favorites. Every year my mom and I hunt for interesting colors and variations. 

Tuberous begonia I've had for several years. I leave them in the pots and they go dormant for part of the winter but then start growing again in the spring.

Another begonia.

Can you see the variegation in some of these flowers?

container by backdoor

planter on deck

Society Garlic blooming in background-winters over in the basement. A unique variegated petunia-Glamoflauge and some assorted calibrachoas.(wasn't sure what colors they would be since they weren't blooming when I planted them.)

Pretty Much Picasso petunia

deck planter

dish garden by back door-winters over in plastic deck box under deck

Fusion impatiens, hellebore and mini hostas- all winter over in garage(except impatiens)

Sedum on gate

Peppermint and Chocolate mint on deck railing

Calibrachoa hanging basket-I always get at least one basket every year.




The best bloomer all summer(as long as you keep it watered) is Scaveola- fan flower. I bought this huge basket earlier this year and love how it always has blooms.





No comments:

Post a Comment