Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Extremes

We have been on a temperature rollercoaster this week. On Monday it was in the 90's and Tuesday we had a record high of 103. Today it was in the 50's this morning. Hope all this isn't too much of a shock for the gardens.  I am done with the regular school year but will be working half days at summer school till the end of July. I will have time next week to work outside during the day before the summer session begins.
On Sunday, Mom, Jenni and I went to Bachmans, Dundees and a Linder's flower mart out in Plymouth. The only way we find all the colors and varieties of plants we like is to make our annual trips to about 6 different garden centers. I was most excited to finally find a rigid plastic liner for my whiskey barrel at Bachman's. I have searched all spring for this. I had to make a small cutout on the edge for the pump to fit but now everything works will no leaks and no splashes.
I made my to do list for the upcoming week:
-weed all gardens, esp. remove the unwanted grass
-cut out dead canes on William Baffin rose with new pruning saw
-fertilize with bloom booster, use acid lovers fert. on azaleas and rhodies
-plant rest of annuals and new fern
-add mulch to hill garden
-plant new apple trees
-plant new peonies
-take more photos

No comments:

Post a Comment